Saturday, June 21, 2008

Leysin Switzerland

I made it and the Alps are magnificent!  Leysin is a small town located on the side of a mountain.  It started out as a tuberculosis centre but is now a ski resort town and home to Leysin American School.  I get my very own apartment and this is what I wake up to, literally out my window.

The views are eternal, I have to stop myself from taking more mountain pictures.  Besides, the pictures don't really capture the vastness of this celestial place.  I really love my apartment and the alone time it provides. Let me give you a tour of where I will be residing for 2 months....
My cute bathroom
Sleepy time

My Closet

My Kitchen

And my Bookshelf 

10 comments:

JaneV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JaneV said...

Teryn,
That apartment you have is awesome. And your view is unbelievable. What beautiful country. You're going to have lots of fun taking pictures. All those guys in Switzerland better be ready for Teryn. That's a very sexy picture of you on your blog. Take care and have fun girl.

Love,
Jane

jamieBEE said...

WHAT AN ADVENTURE!!! I like the mood light in your closet :)
SO what takes you across the world? besides the beautiful Alps and funny walking toys?

terynmendenhall said...

Jamie, I'm working at a school here. I'm a recreational advisor for 9-12 year olds. We take them hiking, camping, rafting, climbing and all sorts of things. Its a summer school/camp.

jamieBEE said...

that is awesome!!! I want to come to that summer camp ;)

Kaesy said...

Woot woot! I'm so excited for you! I think I called you a day late! You'll have a nice voicemail from me when you get back though. How about you're doing what everyone on Earth wishes they would've done when they were 25.

vantastic said...

wowee teryn! that looks so cool! I am excited for you/us! did you meet clay? does he look at your blog? did you meet that other guy....uh rufio?? I can't remember his name...

The Hammonds said...

I believe Kaesy is right.

Abu El Banat said...

Nice! Stay away from the French speaking cheese farmers. They are well you see.....French. And that is bad for you.

Awesome place....when can I come visit! I will sleep in your....uh.......closet.

Kera said...

i will have to ask patrick's parents where they lived when they lived in switzerland for a few years... They always tell such awesome stories.

i'm so proud of you.